2019: That’s a wrap!
Wow! What a festival. It is hard to believe that just over a week ago we were in the midst of the Schools Program and getting ready for the opening…
Wow! What a festival. It is hard to believe that just over a week ago we were in the midst of the Schools Program and getting ready for the opening night event, which was a wonderful conversation among Jane Hutcheon, Gillian Triggs, Ben Quilty and Joe Williams. The 2019 festival is celebrating record ticket sales and a number of sold-out sessions. Most of all, we are thrilled by the overwhelmingly positive response from featured writers and you, our audience. Your feedback makes all the hard work worthwhile. Thank you for your support and that of our sponsors, venues, volunteers, guest writers, session hosts, media and local businesses. We are already looking forward to welcoming you back in 2020.
Thanks to the hard-working team at MacLean’s Booksellers who managed the festival bookshop across the weekend. It is wonderful that local writer Katrina McKelvey and illustrator Kirrili Lonergan made the list of festival best-sellers:
- Speaking Up by Gillian Triggs
- Boy Swallows Universe by Trent Dalton
- Kerry O’Brien: A Memoir by Kerry O’Brien
- Boys Will Be Boys by Clementine Ford
- Accidental Feminists by Jane Caro
- The Power of Hope by Kon Karapanagiotidis
- One Hundred Years of Dirt by Rick Morton
- Scrublands by Chris Hammer
- Outspoken by Rod Bower
- Up to Something by Katrina McKelvey and Kirrili Lonergan
Save the date for the 8th Newcastle Writers Festival: 3-5 April 2020!
Newcastle Writers Festival